My book is finally complete and published and ready to purchase! It is called “I Am Not a Great Leader – A Short Primer on Leading to Real Agility”. You can purchase the ePub version on lulu.com (click the image to go to the purchase page). It will be available on Amazon, Kobo, iBookstore, etc. soon.
If you would like to review it _and_ provide me with feedback for the second version, I can send you a PDF copy at no charge. Please contact me through LinkedIn to do so. I hope to do a second version with even more content and incorporating feedback from this first version sometime in the late fall or early winter. Depends on how my classes are going.
Yesterday (Friday), I enjoyed going to school with Justice. He had an 8:30 class and I had a 10:30 class. I explored a bit while he was in his class and then we met up again. He came to my class with me. It was my Mathematics 2155 class which is about proofs and logic. It’s going to be quite easy, I suspect. Based on the textbook and where we are starting the class, I’m actually worried I will be bored. I’m going to have to work hard to not work ahead! So to help with that, I’m going to do _all_ the exercises in the book as we go. That will keep me busy, at least.
I’m trying hard to shift my habits to being more helpful around the house. I think the first few days of my sabbatical were lacking in that regard. Yesterday and today were better, but I think I can do more. Dishes, groceries, errands, tidying, taking care of kids and pets,… I’m hoping to relieve Melanie of more and more of that over the next week or so. It takes a bit of work for me to even see what Melanie does to keep the household running. It’s amazing all the little things, and particularly, all the little interruptions. Hmm… that gives me an idea. Maybe Melanie could try using the office during the day to get work done – leave the house! I’ll see what she thinks of it tomorrow.
Other little tidbits in the last couple days:
- Haifa got her hair cut quite short. It looks good and I can tell she really likes it.
- Justice and I are planning to go to another Magic the Gathering pre-release in a few weeks.
- Verity has done incredibly well biking to school on her own every day. Now I need to help her with the bus route.
- Ocean is suffering from some sort of anxiety that is triggering frequent hand-washing. This is a relatively new thing and I’m hoping I can help her resolve her anxiety. I played with polymer clay with her today, and also did some drawing with her.
- Melanie and I haven’t done anything together for a few weeks. We thought of maybe going to see a movie, but there isn’t really anything worth going to in the theatres right now that we haven’t already seen.
- Yesterday afternoon was the Waldorf school fall picnic. I met a very nice couple from Brazil. I hope to have them come visit and invite my colleague David and his wife since they are also Brazilian. (David, if you’re reading this, don’t worry – I’ll give you lots of notice!)
- I’ve been napping almost every day. I think it’s a combination of allergies and fighting off a bit of a cold.
As a result of publishing my book, and also having started my classes, my personal kanban board has some significant updates. Here’s the current state: